Each year, individual schools are allocated funding for children from low-income families who are eligible for free school meals, looked after children and those from families with parents in the Armed Forces.
You can view or download our Pupil Premium allocation below and find out how this has been used at our school:
The Government is providing sports funding which is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary school headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. The sport funding can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
You can view or download our Sports Premium allocation and find out how this has been used at our school.
PE and Sports Awards
We encourage all children to participate in traditional and alternative sporting activities including competitive sports. Through PE, sport and competition, we aim to promote children’s skills in planning, organisation, teamwork, evaluation and leadership.
Etherley Lane values swimming as a life skill and in 2016, 78% of our year 6 pupils achieved the National Standard for swimming. In 2017, 83.3% of our year 6 pupils achieved the National Standard for swimming. In 2018, 67% of our year 6 pupils achieved the National Standard for swimming. In 2019, 36% of our year 6 pupils achieved the National Standard for swimming.
We encourage courage, excellence, respect, equality, resilience, passion, determination and honesty as part of our PE and Sports curriculum.
In 2018-2019 we were delighted to achieve the Sainsbury’s School Games Bronze Award and in 2019 the Youth Sport Trust Silver Quality Mark.
Dodgeball League held at Bishop Barrington School
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.